Saturday, June 4, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I've wanted to start a blog for some time now, but something always gets in the way of the luxury of sitting down and writing. My name is Emily and I am a stay at home mom to my incredibly sweet baby boy, Cole Rylan. Being a mother is the hardest yet most rewarding job I've ever had. I wouldn't change my place in Cole's life for anything in the world. Because of my love for him, I try to make his world the safest place that I can. All of my lifestyle choices are made to help my family grow and flourish in this economy. In this blog I wish to write about what interests and inspires me, and I hope they interest and inspire you as well. I like to consider myself knowledgeable about what I love. As in anything, when I feel strongly about something I like to educate myself so that I can make informed decisions for me and my family.

I know many people who are interested in learning how to coupon. I am wanting to help teach my friends and family how to coupon, but I do not want to be like all the other couponing blogs out there. I wish to write about what works for me in this area of northwest Alabama. I will also post pictures of my couponing adventures just to show how couponing is beneficial for your family and how easy it can be.

Before my son was born, I already knew that I wanted to cloth diaper him. I feel very blessed that I am my mother's daughter. Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural births and everything else natural are no foreign concepts to me, as I grew up this way. I am proud to say that I have been cloth diapering my son since he was born last June. We are also a breastfeeding family and we have had our ups and downs along the way, but it has been so rewarding to know that I am giving my son the best start to his life.

Please comment and ask questions anytime you're reading this blog! I want everyone to get as much as they can out of it. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! So excited about your blog! I'm already subscribed. :)

    So, Atlas is wearing Lyla's old BG AIO size S, and I was hoping he'd be in them until I potty trained Lyla, and then he could have her SmartPants onesizes, but...he's growing so fast, he's almost out of the BG's already!!! And I am no where near having Lyla potty trained (especially since the broken foot incident). My first thought is that I'm going to have to buy a whole new stash of SmartPants onesizes so that Atlas can be wearing them too. Though its always an exciting thought to be getting a ton of new cloth diapers, at $150, it also really hurts. Ouch. I was gonna see if you had any thoughts, know of any deals, or might even be selling any diapers that would work for him. He's about 15lbs or so right now. Thanks for your input! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, Cole is also about 15-16 lbs (he's itty bitty!) so they're both in the same size. How many OS SmartiPants do you have and how many does Lyla go through a day? The only sales I know of for other diapers would be more pricey than SmartiPants, so that's probably the best deal out there. Have you looked on eBay? I got a ton of mine used off there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked. Oh well, thanks for looking. P.S. So glad you went for it on the blog name!

    ReplyDelete