Sunday, June 5, 2011

Only $0.53 for all of this!

To start this blog off, I wanted to post what I got at CVS today. There are so many great deals at CVS this week, but many of the coupons you need are from today's paper. My mother sends me the inserts from the Chicago Tribune because it is impossible to get a newspaper here. So I will be making another trip to CVS later this week when those coupons arrive, and all of those items will be free! I decided to go ahead and go to CVS today to use a coupon I had that was expiring today. This is what I got:
(2) Coca-Cola 12 packs
      Regularly priced: $4.99 each, Sale price: $3.25 each
(2) Sprite 12 packs
      Regularly priced: $4.99 each, Sale price: $3.25 each
      Will receive: $3 ECB WYB (4)
      Will use: $4 off purchase of $20 or more, CVS coupon
      Final price: $1.50 each
(1) 2% Milk, 1 gallon
      Regularly priced: $3.89, Sale price: $3.69
      Will receive: $1 ECB
      Final price: $2.69
(1) ban deodorant
      Regularly priced: $3.59, Sale price: $2.99
      Will receive: $2 ECB
      Will use: $0.75 off coupon
      Final price: $0.24
(1) Toberlone
      Regularly priced: $1.29, Sale price: $0.32
Total: $20.00

Coupons Used:
$4 off purchase of $20 or more, CVS Coupon
$0.75 off ban deororant
$14.99 ECB from previous weeks
Subtotal: $0.26
Tax: $0.27
Spent: $0.53
Saved: $28.47
That's a savings of 98.2% after tax!

Received: $6 ECB to be used later
At a loss of only $8.99 ECB!

I don't normally buy soda, especially not cans! But we are in the process of stocking up on items for my sons 1st birthday at the end of this month! And 4 (12 packs) for $6 is an amazing price!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you went ahead with the blog!! =) I was thinking about starting one about a month ago, but just decided it would have to go on hold because it is so time consuming and nearly impossible to do with the new baby! Good luck with it and if you host any good giveaways, let me know ;)

    <3 - Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is ECB? I hate to sound dumb but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I'm working on making a list of all the coupon terms to start with. I hope to have this posted today! But an ECB (Extra Care Buck) is basically CVS money. For example with the deodorant, it was $2.99, but I received $2 ECB from buying it. That $2 ECB prints at the end of the receipt and can be used like cash toward a future purchase. So essentially, the deodorant would only cost $0.99 (less if you have a coupon).

    ReplyDelete