Friday, July 15, 2011

Coupon Match ups

In previous posts, I explained where to find coupons. Many people have the question, after you find the coupons, what do you do now? Now you save those coupons until those products go on sale. In the couponing community, this is called a coupon match up. There are a few ways to do this. One way is to open up your stores weekly sale flyer. Circle any item that is on sale for 40% or more, and any items that you need now (once you have a stockpile, you won't run into this problem very often). This includes all BOGO deals. After circling all of those items, you now need to find coupons to match those items to see how cheap you can get them. There are many coupon databases online that are available for you to use. You just type in the product (ex. Kellogg's) and all available coupons will appear. If they are from past Sunday newspapers that you don't have, you can order coupons online if you need to. A lot of coupons are also available online. The coupon database will provide the link to the printable coupon. My favorite coupon database to use is Southern Savers Coupon Database. You will gather and clip those coupons along with the sale ad, and you just created your own store list! An easier option is to use a website that does the coupon match ups for you. My favorite website to use is Southern Savers. She does match ups for all my favorite stores: Kroger, Publix, Walgreens, Target and CVS. This is how I create most of my shopping lists. Remember, buy at least 6 weeks worth of items at their rock bottom price to last you until it goes on sale again.

A few tips to save even more money:
Even if you can get high value items for $0.50, if you are not going to use that item, you will have wasted even $0.50 on something you don't need. This is not going to help your savings. If an item will be free, buy it. If you don't need it, donate it. ALWAYS buy items that are a moneymaker. I recently made $2 to buy 40 pens. Do I need 40 pens? No I don't. But that $2 went towards paying for my fresh fruits, and I also have great items to donate, and just in time for the school year too! Remember, couponing is not only a great way to save money for your family, but it is an amazing way to help others. You can donate $10 to a charity, or you can take that $10 and buy over $100 of products to donate. I prefer to help this way because I can do so much more with coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment